Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fastest yet!

I love challenging myself, so this morning I timed myself making 200 soaps, start to finish including clean up, and cutting the previous days 150 soaps. 1 hour and 28 minutes from the time I set foot in the shed, till when I walked back into the house! O.O

There is nothing I tell you, NOTHING, like having a baby, and from the time they are 6 weeks old, trying to run your full time soap business around them to teach you super time management skills :)

What do you do to keep on the ball? And not just with soap!

5 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

Oh my!! I can hardly believe it!! You must make LARGE batches and then pour in to separate moulds? For the moment I can only physically pour enough for my 40 bar mold, but my husband is trying to design a pourer for large quantities... you have just reminded me how labout intensive my entire process is... including packaging. Needs work... but however it moves forward, I want to make sure I still enjoy it!! xo Jen

Washpool Farm said...

Hi Kathy

I was tempted to offer a pair of hands to help out with your massive order deadline but decided you'd have to kill me to stop me implementing a bit of Beguile swirl magic into my bars.

Jennifer Young said...

Kathy, Thank you so much for all the info!! I can imagine what it is like trying to manage the business, make soap and look after a toddler! xo Jen

Topcat said...

Woah ~ go you!!!

My time management skills need a lot of work. I tend to operate under the urgency paradigm ;)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Kathy, you are an inspiration to us all!! My kids are grown and gone now, the thought of juggling a soap business with them growing up makes me go weak at the knees lol!! Well done, I need to move to bigger slab molds to, its the way to go.